This applies to the United States, Canada, the European Union and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 70 years.
The following is taken from Wikipedia. The contents of the book are structured into 7 parts like the following:
- 1. Introductory
- Chapters on contents of the book, three aims and priorities of life, the acquisition of knowledge, conduct of the well-bred townsman, reflections on intermediaries who assist the lover in his enterprises (5 chapters).
- 2. On sexual union
- Chapters on stimulation of desire, types of embraces, caressing and kisses, marking with nails, biting and marking with teeth, on copulation (positions), slapping by hand and corresponding moaning, virile behavior in women, superior coition and oral sex, preludes and conclusions to the game of love. It describes 64 types of sexual acts (10 chapters).
- 3. About the acquisition of a wife
- Chapters on forms of marriage, relaxing the girl, obtaining the girl, managing alone, union by marriage (5 chapters).
- 4. About a wife
- Chapters on conduct of the only wife and conduct of the chief wife and other wives (2 chapters).
- 5. About the wives of other people
- Chapters on behavior of woman and man, encounters to get acquainted, examination of sentiments, the task of go-between, the king's pleasures, behavior in the women's quarters (6 chapters).
- 6. About courtesans
- Chapters on advice of the assistants on the choice of lovers, looking for a steady lover, ways of making money, renewing friendship with a former lover, occasional profits, profits and losses (6 chapters).
- 7. On the means of attracting others to one's self
- Chapters on improving physical attractions, arousing a weakened sexual power (2 chapters).